Any tips on how to make money from home?

I am a SAHM looking for ways to bring in a little extra money. Any tips? I've thought of babysitting but I have 3 under 4...so not something I wanna do on a daily basis.

Caitlin2407

Asked by Caitlin2407 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I make and sell jewelry but it takes a little to start up with it...i enjoy it....it started as a hobby but then I just had way to much lol. Hope you find something you like.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I quilt and I've thought about selling them...but I put so much time into them I'm not sure what kind of dollar amount to work with.
    Caitlin2407

Comment by Caitlin2407 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am an MA by trade and have thought about medical transcription. I'm just not sure about where to start. My former employer would love to have me back but they don't have any positions available for me to do at home.
    Caitlin2407

Comment by Caitlin2407 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I work from home with Internet CEO Moms. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but this team has helped me stay at home with my two little girls. My kids are 3 and 6 months so it's definately possible to do this with your kiddos around! We don't have to have parties, keep inventory or deliver products, that was a huge plus for me!

Good Luck!

Hannah Mayr
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    http://internetceomoms.com/lovingeveryminute
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 11:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I work with Hannah (above) Take a look at her site. We have a great team.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Have you considered a home-based business? I am an Independent Senior Consultant with Thirty-One Gifts. Now is a great time to join and the start up investment is just $99. The start up kit is amazing and our products are awesome and practically sell themselves. You have the ability to set your own hours and make your own goals. I have 4 children and having my own business has allowed me to be home for my children and make extra money at the same time. It is a very rewarding experience.
    Please check out my profile and my website. If you have any questions please contact me anytime.

Good luck in your seach!
    Debbie Chiariello
    Independent Senior Consultant, Thirty-One Gifts
    MomTo4M_s

Answer by MomTo4M_s at 8:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Whatever you decide to do work hard, stay positive and don't give up.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM Tons o ideas there.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011