Pain after C-section

Scar Tissue pain after C-section

I was just wondering if I’m the only one who suffers with terrible abdominal pain. Mine is at “that time of the month” and can last weeks after…
I had 2 c-sections, 5 yrs apart.. it’s been over a yr with my second one.
I remember when I was having my 2nd c-section the Dr telling me that he was cleaning the area to get rid of the scar tissue I made from my 1st c-section. I didn’t feel pain but more of a burning sensation on my skin after the 1st.
I went to the hospital once, cuz the pain was so bad I thought I was having an appendicitis attack…
They didn’t find anything more than scar tissue.

Idk what to do, my dr told me to take 2 alive when it hurts but that doesn’t work…
Tomorrow im going to a new dr/

Do you have a similar situation? How did you get rid of the pain??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• You sound EXACTLY like I do. I have horrible pain around my period. It is lower quadrant and it goes all the way up to my ribs sometimes, especially the days before and the first few days. I have horrible adhesions from the c-sections I have had. I used to think it was my liver or pancreas or something, but no..just scar tissue.

I have a prescription for tramadol but I can't take it since I am on other meds. I've tried darvocet and vicodin but it doesn't help me. I take motrin and learned just to minimize my activity and limit abdominal muscle use. My doctor has told me that to cut into scar tissue and loosen the adhesions is only going to make more scar tissue. The best thing you can do is get a prescription for pain that works and adjust your lifestyle. I do hope you find a good doctor and manage this because I know how you feel.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011