How to ween from the baby bottle?

My daughter is 11 months old and I know that soon I will have to ween her off the bottle. My worry is that she is really attached to her bottle i can't even put her in clothes for the day or bedtime without freaking out unless she has the bottle in her mouth. So I don't know how I'm going to go about doing this! I don't even know how to start this whole process! Please help!

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 9:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well one day we just gave him some formula in a sippy cup and he loved it ::) and we were lucky
    mommaclow

Answer by mommaclow at 9:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• omg that is luck right there!
    lil_shannie

Comment by lil_shannie (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i started giving my daughter the cup occasionally around 4 months. and then around 6 months she was having the cup a couple times a day. One day when she was 10 months I gave her the cup for the whole day and she never cried for the bottle so i threw them away
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my dd takes a sippy during the day and a bottle at night! i would switch out some feedings into a sippy and then slowly add more to get her used to it! at first i only put water in the sippy and now im switching to add breast milk to the sippy cups and she wont take it! lol! its a work in progress! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Have you started with a sippy cup yet? I started mine all by 6 months with a sippy, and I feel it made it much easier (one of mine actually weaned herself from the bottle at 9 months). So if you haven't introed a sippy yet, definitley do it NOW.
    Anonymous

• She had a sippy at 6 months but wasn't into alot but still took it, then at 9-10 months she started taking one everyday it's what she gets water in every day excet in the morning, nap and bedtime is when she takes her bottle of formula.
    lil_shannie

Comment by lil_shannie (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Also what kind of sippy should i be giving her because the one she has is all plastic and it seems like it can be a little hard for her to get water out of it, she has to try much harder than her just having her bottle.
    lil_shannie

Comment by lil_shannie (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Formula only in the bottle, water and cows milk only in the sippy cup. As you transition from formula to cows milk you will transition from the bottle.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011