Is it weird that my SO talks about a child that we may or may not ever have??

We have been together for a long time and plan on getting married eventually. We have a 2 1/2 year old DD together. Today we were shopping and passed the baby section, I saw a swing and said that it was cute, and he told me, "I like it, lets get it when we have our boy." I looked at him kind of weird and just brushed it off. The more I think about it, the more I realize he says stuff like that a lot. I'm not sure if it bothers me that we haven't even discussed having more kids or if it is that he only refers to a subsequent child as a boy. What if we have another girl? Am I crazy for even questioning it? Do you think it is weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• What I think is weird is that you are not talking to him about a child. He seems to be doing the indicating that he is thinking that way. Why aren't you picking up on the conversation. You should ask him what if it is a girl. Most women complain that their guys do not talk. You have one talking and you are not doing your share.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol, I do that, so does the DF. We always see cute stuff for girls, we have a son together now who is 14 mos, and we go "in a few years when we have a girl we should get her this." lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i don't think so..i'm kinda jealous that you have a man like that. I have a great dh..but he would never say anything like that. I'm the one that has baby on the brain
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• anytime i point something out my dh just says "yes hun"..its just never going to be real to him until it actually happens, ya know?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My Dh is like that too, but he says when we have a girl (we have a little boy now).. And Ive told him many times that Im not sure if I even want another one.. I know that may sound mean, but Im not going to pretend to want another child if Im not sure if I do or not.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i think it's sweet
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011