Do You Store Your Off-Season Clothes?

Do you put up your summer clothes in the winter? (Assuming you live in an area that has change of seasons?)

DH thinks we should, but I have the closet space and I wear some of my summer things year-round (tank tops, for example). Truth be told, I don't want the hassle of changing them either! :)

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 9:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't store them if I can make enough room somewhere in my room. I sometimes wear my shorts if I am cleaning or there is an unusually bizarre warm day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes we store the clothes we plan to keep from one season to the next. Its also a great way to weed through clothes you might never wear again or just dont want anymore. We use rubbermaid storage containers and each person in the house has one or two in their closet. We do keep the jackets hung up and things that need to keep their shape out.

Answer by gemgem at 9:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Where are you going to store them? He probably grew up in a family that did this. YOu would not store the clothes you wear all year.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I store the kids clothes, b/c chances are they will not fit the next year. But mine, I leave out everything i have room for.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i usually put away the winter stuff, but the summer stuff stays out year round b/c i can always throw a coat on over it. i hate having those big bulky sweaters taking up space when i have a plastic tub to throw them in & put in the garage. this year im being a little lazy since im pregnant and just yesterday i got the winter clothes out. DH & DD are so hot blooded they cant wear winter clothes so i only do it for my stuff.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I store some things. With a family of 6 I just don't have the space anymore to keep everything out. So in the winter all the shorts and tank tops go into the hall closet. We can still access them, they're just not in the dresser anymore. In the summer, the bulky sweaters and long sleeved shirts go into the hall closet. Year-round we keep t-shirts, jeans, and a few other things out.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011