Other than time outs,What is a good way to discipline and make it work?

I hate time out they DON'T WORK!!! and niether dose yelling. I have also tried talking to them as much as I could and that don't even work. im at a loss. im sick of screaming and yelling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I take away priveleges, and I'm consistent. It works really well for us!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Set your rules and stick to them. When they aren't followed take away a privilege. If you stick with it it will work, nothing works overnight.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sounds like you aren't being consistent. Time outs work great in our house, and my son is 2. You could watch some super nanny episodes to get some ideas. They are all on youtube. lol! Good Luck.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• what do you mean they 'don't work' so what are you looking to accomplish that isn't happening?
    Anonymous

• How about teaching them right the first time? Take parenting more seriously. If that doesn't work then try taking a parenting class.
    Anonymous

• Take the things they love most away & be consistent about it good luck
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011