Understanding history......

S/O of a couple of questions about history. There are such gaps in what is remembered or sworn to as indisputable facts. The OKC bombing question where rhetoric is blamed, but McVeigh himself said it was in retaliation for but not limited to Waco, TX. Even when that fact is offered it is called false. The 1st Gulf War is called an invasion when it was most definitely a liberation. How do you fix this twisting of history we suffer from today?

http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/mcveigh/okcwhy.htm    McVeigh's letter to Fox

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-desert-storm.htm     Desert Storm cause

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I was waiting for an opportunity to post this, seems like this would be apropos!!!

Political Cartoon

going crazy

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm at a loss for words. If someone talked about Muslims the way you are talking about tea partiers, you'd be choking on the bigot word so hard we'd have to call an ambulance.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sounds like a tea partier....

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Jesse history is only as good as the people who record it were and are. It is written and rewritten with the perceptions, bias, opinions and agendas of the writers. How many things were you taught and grew up believing that you now know were not true? Did George Washington really chop down a Cherry tree and reply to his Father " I can not tell a lie"? I was taught that in grade school as fact, were you? With such access to information now days we are able to research things better and find we were really taught things that were slanted and misleading and down right lies. The sad thing is there are so many people now days who will distort so much of our recent history to popularize and or promote or deny the political agendas and people who do not educate themselves to the truth are destine to just believe and follow.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sounds like a tea partier...

And then you have people that spew things like this, knowing and not caring if there is any truth to it at all as long as it supports her twisted realities!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

If only there were a way to vote that up 30 more times.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Some people play "Seagull Politics" They swoop in, squawk at the top of their lungs, start fights, spread shit all over the place and fly away, leaving their mess for someone else to clean up! But it would not be sweet of me to accuse any one specific or name names!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Are you serious, Sweet? Wow.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Because my opinion is different than theirs? because I tell the truth?

OMFG - you just equated the members of nearly 3000 different organizations to a terrorist and you consider that "truth"? You are no different than Obama truthers, do you get that?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

LOLOL, that's funny.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2011