how do you shop for your kids clothes?

Do you buy them when you notice they are growing out of their current clothes and steadily stock up as needed?

Let them fully grow out of clothes and then do a few big trips?

Do you buy them all ahead of time? (ex. say your kid just started wearing 2t, you buy 3t now so you have clothes ready to go)

Or any other way

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• I'm a big clearance shopper and I have bins in their rooms full of clothes that are the next size up. If I see something that I like at a really good price I buy it. I tend to have too many clothes and my kids grow somewhat slowly though, so I only buy one or MAYBE two sizes up otherwise I'll be holding onto things for years. Thankfully I've done well with buying ahead for the most part. The only problem I had was when my daughter was 1, I assumed she would grow like my son, but she was a tiny little thing and I had to get her all new clothes in a smaller size. She was able to wear the clothes I had originally bought ahead the next year though, so it worked out.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I always get the next size up. Right now he is in 18-24 months...I have been buying 2T and 3T.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My hubby says I could live at macy's! I just do it continually throughout the year! Don't even ask me about my dd shoes!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 9:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I buy them as I go...I constantly buying clothes for them and I buy the baby the next size up and my oldest daughter is in a 5/6 and she just got in in so that's what I buy here...sometimes if I catch an end of season sale I buy them clothes in the size they'll be wearing during that season the next year.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I do a mix of what you listed. Every season I go get them a few outfits for the season at one time. Then I see things I love and just buy them. I might notice them growing out of things and pick up a couple things in the next size knowing they will need them. I mostly look for good sales to stock up on things like underwear, socks, tshirts, pants, and those sort of things they always will need.

Answer by gemgem at 9:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I shop garage sales. Then fill in with what she needs.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I buy just a few ahead of time, if I see something for a price I can't pass up. I buy as they need - I have one DD who fits into a couple different sizes of pants, depends on the brand, so I buy new ones as she grows out of some of them. I don't buy huge amounts ahead of time (I won't buy the next summer's wardrobe at the end of a summer, just in case they grow faster). It helps that I have 3 girs so we do a lot of hand-me-downs.
    Anonymous

• I buy next summer's clothes when the summer clothes go on clearance, same for winter. Then I spend my summer at garage sales looking for other things to round out the wardrobes.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011