• In the Spotlight:

How do you know your marriage is over?

What would you consider as signs of the end of you marriage? If you are Divorced what where the signs? I have lost a lot of feeling towards mine and it is becoming increasingly easy for me to imagine my life without him. He has been becoming abraisive and rude, and I have been keeping to my self and not wanting him to be around me. Haven't even had sex for a while and I can't bring my self to even try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not married but I did hear someone say once "The secret to a lasting marriage is never falling out of love at the same time."

Basically meaning, everyone falls out of love at some point, but don't give up so easy. I would try talking to him about it and ask why he has such a hostility towards you. If he can't or doesn't want to talk about it, consider counseling. If that doesn't work, then I would say you have tried your best and you need to do what is best for YOU.
    PhiLLy-StyLe

Answer by PhiLLy-StyLe at 12:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• when i die.
    Anonymous

• i divorce my ex husband when he found that his drug use was more important. in your situation i would have to know how abusive before i could decide. he is controlling and beats me for stupid stuff that is divorce time but if he just seemed stressed and unhappy and said stupid stuff then i would stay and get therapy for us both. after putting up with a drug addict anything is a cake walk.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When he looked at my daughter w/ the same look he gave me before he choked me.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• OK, no violence or cheating w/my ex-husband. I just realized once after a fight and I thought he stormed out, that I really didn't care if he had actually left. In the past, if he had left I would have called after him, called his cell, but this time I was actually feeling at peace.

This happened at the same time I started to notice co-workers were more courteous and thoughtful towards me than my own husband. Dumb things. like holding the door for me or ordering me a drink at a work function...my husband no longer did those things.
    tomsbride

Answer by tomsbride at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Thanks tomsbride. We have been fighting more and more and the last time he left, I was happy he was gone, it didn't faze me at all. Just the way you described. He has started these wierd things, one is wearing his wedding ring. Which I understand sounds strange that I would even complain, but, we have been married just about 10years and he has NEVER worn that ring, until about 6months ago. Thats the same amount of time that I started becoming cold with him. He has been really rude in his words, and abraisive with his treatment of me and our son, but, then he has also been helping out in the house by doing the laundry. Again 10yrs and NOW he is doing laundry?

Its like he is trying to seem like a "good" man, but his words and treatment towards me is cold. I feel as if we are legal roomates. I don't want to touch him, and the last time I gave him a kiss he snapped at me not to.
    Anonymous

• arguing, fighting.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 2:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Simple when you feel numb...See there is a thin line between love and hate.
    If you hate it is still a feeling...Just like when you feel in love.

But when you feel numb you have No feelings.

You do not hate them....But yet you do not love them.
    You do not wish them bad you just want to move on with your life!

That is when you really know it is over!
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 4:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008