• In the Spotlight:

My sex drive sucks..... Helppp adult content

Lately I have been having no energy for sex and my husband is, a ummm....pissed...lol
Its just when I come home from work, I have to take care of the kids, clean, and get ready for the nxt day and start dinner. once I've done all that, I'm exhausted.
Have any of you been through this? What do you do to get your sex drive the way it use to be?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 10:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him why you are so tired and see if he'll help some to take some of the load off you. You can also try and making yourself feel better by taking a bath or spraying yourself with body spray or putting something sexy on before bed. If you feel sexy you might be more in the mood. But I would try talking to him about it first.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I just went threw this!!! I started reading a book by the same guy that wrote "men are from mars, women are from venus" ( I can't remember the title right now) and he said that women produce more of the sex drive hormone when they have low stress and feel taken care of. All of the things you run around and deal with all day takes its toll in more than one way! I finally sat my husband down and showed him that page, and told him some things HE could do to help out, I.E. Hanging up his work uniform, and putting his dishes in the sink when he is done. and now, I pounce HIM most of the time :D
    tayhoff

Answer by tayhoff at 10:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Let him know how exhausted you are & maybe he can have the kids all settled in bed when you get off work, or plan a date night or even weekend Mommy's & daddy need there "special alone time together", & its a GREAT stress reliever

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you really want to help yourself, you'll check your nutrition. According to recent studies 90% of Americans are deficient in key vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, many of which are necessary for healthy nervous and vascular system function, which affects sex drive and sexual response. Food sources are preferable to pill-form supplements because they are 80% more bioavailable. Zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, choline, inositol, B-3, B-6, B-12 and Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids are found in dark green leafy vegetables, hole grains, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, dark purple fruits, tuna, salmon, eggs, yogurt, molasses and citrus fruits. Increasing intake of these and lowering intake of sodium and caffiene along with stress management will show a dfference in 4-6 weeks.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thanks Ladies! All of your answers were helpful :)
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011