Flying with a nebulizer and liquid meds...

My family and I are flying to Orlando in two weeks. My 3 year old daughter sometimes has breathing issues and has to use a nebulizer. I am planning on taking it with me just incase she should need it. I was wondering if anyone has flown with one and did you have an issue with taking the liquid medicine on the plane. I should also say my parents are driving down the week before and we are sending out luggage with them so I wont have my suitcase for a week otherwise I would just throw it in one of the bags.

melliesmom1207

Asked by melliesmom1207 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Travel

• My dd has the same meds. We fly with an inhaler without any problems. The nebulizer would not be a problem except mine is electric and that might pose a problem on the plane. I always have the doc give me a note of sorts for the airlines and security. First talk to your doc. Then check with your airline.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you have a RX then no, you shouldn't have a problem.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You should be fine. My son had to fly with a refrigerated liquid medication and the TSA agents were fine. As long as it has a label in it, it should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Call the airline or go to the TSA website to on the safe side. It would SUCK if you got to the TSA check point and had to chuck the meds!! May put some in the bags your sending just in case!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We fly with my child's inhaler, never took the nebulizer with us. I would call the airline and arrange it as well so you don't have any surprises.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011