Has anyone else had this problem and what else could I give her to try?

My 6 month old HATES baby food with the exception of carrots and occasionally green beans. She LOVES mashed potatoes. I've been mixing her cereal in with the potatoes and adding breastmilk to make it runny.

kwaters317

Asked by kwaters317 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes I think the textures are just too much for them and the flavors can be strong. I've heard that some of their taste buds aren't fully developed yet. Just keep introducing new foods and if she spits it out keep trying. If she's still on breastmilk she's still getting all of the nutrients that she needs so she'll be fine that way. Just keep trying and she should eventually respond well to new foods!!!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• lol- Adia NEVER liked baby food. I did my best and kept trying but we did alot of apple sauce, yogurt, mashed potatos, ect....When she got older we got her one of those feeder bag thingys.
    gypsydancer7

Answer by gypsydancer7 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Have you tried making her baby food? If not, it can be very simple...mash up an avocado with a bit of lemon juice, give her all natural apple sauce, bits of bread or fruit or veggies cut very small, bannana cut into small pieces or coursely mashed, bake a sweet potatoe until very soft mash with a touch of butter and a little brown sugar.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 2:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2008