a lil concerned adult content

hello ladies !.. i have a 5 month baby im not on bc like i should be my fault.. i have two questions!!!

#1. after u have your baby does ur period come back reg or have u missed it a few months here and there?

#2 i started having my cycle in oct had my baby in late aug. this is the only month it didnt come should have came betwen the 5-10th .. took 4 test differernt days alll neg.. should i be worried/ should the test come back pos. if i am by now???....

please leave the rude comments out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It can take a few months for everything to get back on track, especially if you're breastfeeding. My periods returned 4 weeks post partum.
    Assuming you're not pregnant, it might be good to start looking into your birth control options, if you don't want to become pregnant. There are lots of wonderful options, and certainly one that would work for you. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My period started at 5 weeks post-partum and has come almost every month since then (daughter is 21 months now), with the exception of a couple of months early on. And keep in mind that this regularity is in itself very IRregular for me, since my cycles pre-pregnancy ranged anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. Since it's only been 4 months since you started your period back, it's not uncommon at all that you have an off cycle now. It can take several months to get back to normal after having a baby. And your normal might change, too; it might not be the same normal it was before baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• With everythign your body goes through during pregnancy it's commom for your cycle to be irregular. Mine was beforehand and after delivery it became normal (weird huh?) Now I have an IUD and I don't have one at all!
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011