how do i regain my peace?

i have lost my peace and joy in my life. what are some good scriptures. i do not drink do not do drugs. i am a single mother because of a divorce. he cheated did drugs ect. i get so stressed and often pray for the Lord to take my burdens and carry them but then i pick them back up. please any advice and scriptures?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• For a scripture, I find Philippians 4:7 helpful... Then God's peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus. (just one translation).

I read a lot of different self-help books... in the bathtub, particularly when I was recently separated and divorced as a single mom. It's VERY rough. You can do it. Hang in there. One day you will look back and go WOW I made it one day at a time. One day at a time hon
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I just wanted to say... if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me!!!!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have no guidance on scriptures, hopefully someone else can help you there.. but have you considered joining your local YMCA? Support a non-profit gym. Many in the area here have free daycare while you're working out, you can take a class - like Yoga - great for releasing positive endorphins, relaxing stress, getting some social time with other adults and a break from the kids! Plus I've found that feeling better about your body helps you feel better in general. I'm sorry to hear you're going through rough times. Good luck Momma.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• God doesn't give us more than we can handle dear. It's his loss and this is a good time to re-discover who you are. Get to know yourrself once again. Lean on close family members & friends for moral support but move forward. Set a good example for your children. Do you work? Do some volunteer work and do anything & everything to get out of the house more often. Exercise is great for the mind, body, spirit & soul. Seek counseling if needed for guidance. Trust me my dear, your heaviest burden has been lifted. Recapture that joy & peace back into your life. Do not let this hinder your happiness... this might very well be the start of a new beginning for you, but you must do your part. Remember in the words of Thee "Seek & you shall find" & God helps those who help themselves. Nurture yourself. Godspeed~ Peace!
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 1:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• yes i do work a full time job and have managed to get my own place. so it is just the kids and i. my kids are 20 months and 4 years old.
    Anonymous

• Romans 5: 1-11
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• First of all I really think the Holy Spirit will lead you to the perfect Scripture in you time of need.
    The one He spoke to my heart in times of trouble and need was;
    Proverbs 3:5,6
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. The King James version says (and he will direct your path)

Put it this way ... I love this verse so much that I just got it tattoo on my left wrist....to always remind me "TO JUST TRUST IN THE LORD"

Good luck!
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 4:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008