How many cloth diapers and what supplies would I need to get started with a 6 mo. old?

Thinking about switching and would love more information from those who use them :)

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How often do you want to wash? I would have 24 so you could wash every 2 days. Do you know what kind you are interested in? If you didn't know, there away way more options than pre-folds and plastic panties! I like pocket diapers for night time but I also like pre-folds with wrap style covers. you should check out the cloth diapering mommas group or cuties with cloth booties
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have checked out the "all in one" diapers from Bum Genius. They run like $20 a piece.....so you are talking about a $500 start up rate, which considering I spend about $13 a week on disposables is not terrible if they "grow" with the child.
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm not a big fan of the BG aio's because they take forever to dry and are harder to get clean. I love our BG pocket diapers, our kawaii pockets, I also have some that are made by WAHMs. I also like the BG flip system. are you looking at www.cottonbabies.com ? I've ordered a lot from there. They have nice indian prefolds and the thirsties covers I love.
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• to just jump in around 10 dipes, and a wet bag, free and glear detergent...and thats pretty much it!
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 2:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2011