What would you do if....

You were a SAHM that went to working full time 6 months ago, and you kind of liked it at first but know you feel like you are missing your dds childhood because by the time you get home, make dinner, and clean it up you are too tired to play with her or do anything. I'm just getting so discuraged and I don't know what to do, we need the money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sucks but you have to do what you have to for the family, are they with a sitter? If so have her take tons of photos I sit for allot of women who work & they often request i take lots of photos that way they feel as if there not missing anything
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Try to go part time?

I tried and couldn't work full, moved to part and I loved it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thanks Marie
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would wiegh the pros and cons...Like how much money am I really contributing to the family after expenses (gas, clothes, lunch, daycare, ect) And if the money wasn't a huge difference and I knew it wouldn't cause my family to go homeless or hungry, I would quit.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would like to just work part time but I can't at my job, I'm one of two full time employees at the place I'm at and they're already trying to get us to work more hours so they can get rid of their part time employes
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Soniam That's part of the reason I hate it I've figured all that out and I bring home less than 200$ a week after paying the sitter and taking out gas and taxes that's working 40 hours a week but right now we need the money so bad that 200$ actually makes a big difference
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• could you watch a couple of kids in your home to make the $200 a week? or work when your husband is off only part time but you would still be making the same amount because no daycare?
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I feel ya I went back to work when my son was only 2 months old and then had a space I wasnt working for about 2 months when he was around 8 months old im now back to working full time becuase we need the money but I would love to be able to be with him all day sometimes it just isnt possible you just have to make the most of the days you have off with them do things together and spend as much time as you can when you are home...
    MrsMeyers925

Answer by MrsMeyers925 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011