Seriously NOT interested in sex after having my first child......anyone have this problem?

She is now almost 7 months old and I am just totally feel like I have lost any urge for sex. Needless to say....this frustrates the hubby. She is still in our room (will be in her own this month) and I am still BFing....so I guess that adds to it. Really need to get that "lovin' feelin'" back though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GL No to be rude but he should have patience and not get frustrated over such a thing because that definately isn't going to help your mood is it! It has been 13 yrs since my first and i still struggle!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yea, I didn't get mine back until ds started sleeping through the night...at 18 months, gl
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am having the same problem! My DS is 7 months too and I am BFing but he sleeps in his own bed. I am convinced it's because we, as mothers, are constantly taking care of everyone so the last thing we want to do, when we have a few precious minutes to ourselves, is have sex! The hubbys do get frustrated though :(
    mommy2mason529

Answer by mommy2mason529 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Wish I had an answer for you! My daughter just turned 3 and our sex life STILL isn't the same.
    Emmy217

Answer by Emmy217 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• this makes me feel sooooooo much better. I feel that I am just "over worked" and exactly like stated above....when I get a second to myself, sex is not even in the top 20 things I feel like doing. It is almost like work now....sad, but true. I hope it passes or I learn to work around it to keep everyone happy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I had this problem, so did my best friend.
    So we decided to just do it, a few times, and see how we felt about it.
    And it may be hard to get started the first few times, but for us, once you were doing it, you wanted it. And after a while of trying, it came back. And we may ot be doing it every day, we do it a few times a week, and that's better than none at all!
    Anonymous

• I was thinking the same thing.....once I try to get back into it maybe I will want it more. Like chocolate, LOL. Right now he is lucky to get me 2-3 times a month.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• As you can tell you're not alone. I'm there too. I agree with the advice of just picking a day and doing it. That is what me and my DH are working on. It's difficult due to all the factors, kids, school, job, all that. But things like a date night help too. Something to get you out of the normal routine.
    Anonymous

• You're definitely not alone. I really can't remember when my sex drive came back after my son was born. I don't think it ever got back to pre-baby levels before I got pregnant with my 2nd baby. She's 11 months old and BFed. I didn't start wanting sex on a regular basis until I went off birth control (DH got fixed). The mini-pill and breastfeeding can really kill your sex drive. When you combine them like I did, it's non-existent. I'm hoping once I stop BFIng, we may get back to normal.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• 2-3 times a month???? Please do not tell my husband that! Oh yeah and our youngest is 17....lol. There is no meter on when you will want to. After all your plate is kinda full mommy. Be nice to yourself you have a big job!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011