Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

i am a 45 yr old mother w no job no car n frankly hardly any self esteem or soul left. I feel my husband n both older kids have turned on me n I want to flee but have nowhere to go...What do I do? How do I start to move on to find peace?

Every time we get in an arguement I feel dispair, so alone n just a sense I don't belong ANYWHERE! I continue to pray, study the word, attend church...but nothing is getting better why? Please help!  (my kids are older...21 n 25)

I give thanks in advance and anyone that can give me advice u can emial me .  I've never just expressed my probs online out in the open as such but...I truely have given ALL of me to my family n don't even know what I have to work w...


Answer Question

Asked by fullofpain32536 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • How old are your children? And I am so sorry you are going through this maybe reach out to some other mothers & really dig i mean why do you feel like every one has turned on you? Maybe it tine for mommy to get out & get her groove back there are various ways to boost self esteem think outside of the box!


    Answer by Marie_07 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • ~*Hugs*~... if you ever need soemone to vent/talk with... PM me... I can only think that if you look at local resources??? Usually start with the front of the phone book? Local friends, support network, family

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • God does answer prayers!!!

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • Maybe talking to a therapist and getting on some anti-depression medication might be some options you could explore. Wish I had better advice, it's hard to see or hear about people feeling so down. Hoping you find something that works for you.

    Answer by Nanixh at 10:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • You need a support group. Check the women centers in your area. Do you have a university with a center nearby? Where can I get the strength to give you? I cannot. I can feel where you are, but I do not know how to help you. Do you see a counselor? Some counselors can point you to the resources that you need. Do not give up. Ask for help.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 10:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • First, you already took the first step, you shared and asked for support. That is what you need to keep doing. Depression is a medical condition and with the right anti depressant it can be life changing. Get up tommorow and make a plan. Call your doctor if you can if not get busy calling your Mental heath clinic. Be pro active in feeling better. Please hang in and please hang on. Post everyday on Cafe Mom We will reach out, promise.

    Answer by rosetoes at 11:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.