Tylenol

i have a bad toothache and have been taking Tylenol like crazy cuz its the only thing i know i can take.. but im worried about to much hurting the baby?? what do u ladies think??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Too much Tylenol can be bad really for your liver. You can actually overdose on it quicker than most people realize. I can't remember exactly how much you should take in a day, but I'm sure you can google it. Just whatever you do, don't exceed the dosage on the bottle. I'd call your OBGYN too, bc it may be different when pregnant.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• And another thing..when I was pregnant I had an infected wisdom tooth that was killing me and my doctor prescribed me a low dose of vicodin. I asked the pharmacist for a second opinion and he agreed that it can be okay to take while pregnant. Of course I'd avoid it if you can, just to be extra careful, but if it gets too painful, talk to your doctor about possibly getting a stronger pain med.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• be extermly careful it is safe in moderation but if you take excessivly you can od on it i started to right before i got pregnant i had major bad cramps and was two tylenol every 4 hours for 4 days on the 5th day my mom had to tkae me to the er i was dizzy disoriented and severly nauseous i finally got sick at the er and they gave me stuff to help and they told me it was probably from to much tylenol so please be careful for a while i couldn't tkae it but i finally can but please be careful i would talk to your obgyn and see what they recommend
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• what about oragel ? you can crush cloves and put it on the tooth or swish with extremely salty hot water. gl
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2011