What kind of meals can I make in my crock pot daily?

Sakinsglow

Asked by Sakinsglow at 10:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It is a easy search... and can look through the Internet to find things your family will actually eat!!! I mainly do Beef Stew in mine, but have a mexican style soup, using hominy, tamale sauce, and meat... cook all day and yummy at night...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• allrecipes.com has a crock pot section

CM has a crockpotting group - they put up a new menu for all 5 weekdays every week!
    Anonymous

• Beef stew, soup beans, soup.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thanks a bunch I will go check it out!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh, there are so many. I LOVE crock pots. A really easy one is chicken breasts and cream of mushroom soup. Let it cook all day, then serve it with mashed potatoes or rice, and it's delicious. Another one is taco meat. I either put chicken or ground beef (brown it first) in the crock pot with taco seasoning and a can of crushed tomatoes and jalapenos. It turns out so good.

Another is beef stew. Just throw in stew meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and whatever other vegetables you want in it, add a seasoning packet (if you want to do it the easy way), and let it cook all day. With the seasoning packets, you mix is with water and that's usually enough for the broth.

I also make spaghetti sauce. Just put in the sauce, browned ground beef, some crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned), some seasonings, and you're good to go. I also add mushrooms and garlic cloves. And that's another thing I buy the seasoning packet for.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• @ Julia thanks a bunch!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh...and another really easy one is BBQ chicken. i just add chicken breasts, a bottle of BBQ sauce and a can of Coke and let it cook all day and it's delicious. The flavors really intensify when cooking all day. You can really make some delicious meals with very few ingredients.

I've also made vegetable soup, which is another easy one. Just add in whatever veggies you want, some vegetable or chicken stock, some seasoning and let it cook. I've done it with and without chicken and it was good both times.

I could go on and on as you can see, but I'll stop, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• @ LovingSAM thank you sooooo much !!! This is wonderful ! Now you know I feel so inpired to make this!!!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have some really yummy slow cooker recipes. Send me a message if you would like some!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No problem, lol. Once I started using a crock pot, I wished I had used one sooner. It takes little effort and people always think I'm a great cook, lol! If you go to the seasoning section in the store, they have Slow Cooker seasoning packets with all sorts of recipes on the back. I've gotten ideas from there before. Have fun! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011