should i change my self?

i'm a pretty artistic person and i used to dress in a "unique" way and do my makeup a little funky does this mean i have to stop since i'm a mom every time i get the urge to do some wild and crazy makeup i stop myself and look inthe mirror and think since i'm a mom now should i? society now a days is based so much on looks i don't want people to think i'm some crazy mom ya know but at the same time i feel like i ahve lost myself. my husband asks me why i don't do my make up like i used to or dress like i did and i don't know what to say. one reason my husband fell in love with me was because i was so expressive but now as a mom i don't know any more, i'm only 21 and some days i feel 40 what should i do because like i said i feel like i lost myself but at hte same time i don't want people to look at me as someone trying to look like they're in high school ya know? please help

lillymom828

Asked by lillymom828 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• ONLY PLEASE YOURSELF DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY EXPRESS YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think you should still be yourself. I don't see why you should have to conform to the the "typical" mom look. As long as your body isn't hanging out and you aren't wearing shirts with vulgar language, I think it's fine to dress however you'd like. Personally, I dress less creatively than I used to, but it's mainly bc of convenience. Heels aren't that convenient when you're chasing a toddler, lol! But...as long as you're comfy, I say go for it. If anything, it'll teach your child to express themselves and that not everyone has to look the same. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• And seriously...even IF you get looks for it...I saw screw 'em. Anyone who would judge your parenting ability on your wardrobe isn't worth worrying over. The ones that would give you looks probably secretly wish they were that creative with their clothes, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Express yourself! Since when is wearing makeup a crime? lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Would you drive a mini van because that is a "mom" car?
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You can look unique and express yourself, but if you want to look like different than you did before, use your artistic talents to express this. You do not need to be completely over the top. You can look fantastic, unique and artistic in a twenty-one year old way and not a 16 or 18. Work on it. Don't do what you did before, think about what you can do and make the changes. FIND YOUR NEW SELF!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am a young mom too. I make a point to dress well, keep covered, and tone myself down. To me it's important how we are seen as a family.

That's me though. If you want to though maybe just dress funky when your on a date with hubby.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• nothing wrong with expressing yourself, no matter what your style. Its also teaching your children to be themselves and not to judge others for how people look. Just because we are moms does not mean we have to wear mommy jeans, tennis shoes, and hair hair in ponytails all day.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 1:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think it's agreed, do what you want, who cares what they think, whoever "they" are. Especially if your husband likes it. Yes you're a mom now, but you're still YOU right?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Express yourself girl! Don't change just because you're a mom! Who said moms have to be boring, can't do there hair and makeup in any way they life, and have to dress like nuns lol!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011