1st Birthday Party Foods

I am having a swim party for my son's 1st birthday next month. In the room I am renting there is only a sink, and crock pots/griddles and the like are not allowed in the room. I don't want this to be just another "pizza and cake" party, so I am wondering if other people had some food ideas. Of course there is gonna be cake. I was also thinking about spinach dip with pumpernickel bread, maybe some Subway foot long sandwiches cut in to little bite size bits, a meat tray, cheese tray (or a combination) and a veggie tray. Any other ideas? I need things that don't need to be kept cold or warm or stuff like that. Help would be appreciated!!!

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You have the right idea. I'd say stick to finger foods, small sandwiches that even a one year old could handle without a giant mess. Veggie trays and meat/cheese cube platters. Chips, dips...eh, I guess everything I can add has already been said. G'luck and hope the party is a success!
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would do small sandwhiches, also they have this really cool kinsoopers has a Dirt & Worm Kit
    the worms are Gummy and the "dirt" is chocolate pudding and Oreo cookies. Medium serves 12-16.

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Some finger fruit would be nice as well.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thanks for the ideas guys. The fruit bites is a good idea and I will check in to the dirt worms lol. Theres not gonna be many kids there though. So perhaps I will get a small lol.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thanks Imortimommy! Thats what I was thinking, just couldn't quite come up with things that would work. Oh, and I'm making his cake myself. I hope no one dies...
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011