Home pregnancy test says positive

So I am usually very regular and I was supposed to start a new cycle of birth control on dec. 19th but I didn't because my husband and I wanted to start ttc. So we used other protection for a week or so. Anyways I'm never late and my period was supposed to start on Thursday or Friday well I got itchy and took a home pregnancy test saturday and it said positive quickly-way before the two minutes. Is there a chance it was a false positive??

mamaSomeday

Asked by mamaSomeday at 11:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Probably not but you can try to take another one in the morning and see what it says. CONGRATS
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• There is a chance but a very very very small one.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Theres always a chance, but I would not tell anyone until you go to the doctor.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Nope :) your pregnant! Congrats!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's a very, VERY slim chance it was a false positive. People get false negatives, but very rarely false positives. It's almost impossible bc the pregnancy hormone has to be present for the line to show up. Congrats..I'm about 99.9% sure you're pregnant. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I had a doc tell me once that there's no such thing as a false positive. False negatives happen all the time. I would take another test in the morning with your first urination and call your doc. Sounds like you're preggers, though. Congrats.
    Caitlin2407

Answer by Caitlin2407 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• take anothet test first thing in the morning for backup! If that one is positive, get a dr. appt so they can confirm!!!! :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm sure theres always a chance for false pos and negs.I've always heard though that the chances are greater for a false neg than a false pos.Do take this reply with a grain of salt though and see your Dr. Good Luck Honey!!
    linsey1001

Answer by linsey1001 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's always possible, but false positives are VERY rare. False negatives are much more common. Take another test in the morning - a digital one if possible. But it sounds like you're pregnant. Congratulations!
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 11:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• no call the doc tomorrow and make an appt and you can find out for sure... that's what i'm doing..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011