Please help me...it hurts soooo bad.

I am 34 weeks pregnant. I have a really bad sciatica thing going on in my back. It's so painful that it brings me to tears and make it almost impossible to walk without dropping. It's been this bad only since the baby has dropped this past Saturday. Could that be the reason I am in soooooo much pain there? I already have pretty bad back issues. I have a vertebre that is slipped 1/4 inch and mild sculiosis. I have tried tylenol but it doesn't seem to touch it. I tried the chiropractor but it only helped for like a day. I have tried switching every position I could think of and still nothing. Is there any other safe ways I can ease my sciatica?

Brittany1286

Asked by Brittany1286 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
    YOU MAY NEED TO GO ON BED REST AND/OR DELIVER EARLY.
    A WARM BATH CAN RELAX THE MUSCLES BUT NOT TOO HOT FOR THE BABYS SAKE.
    ARE YOU USING A PREGNANCY BELT??
    LOOK INTO THEM IF NOT, OR MAYBE TRY ONE THAT IS TIGHTER FOR MORE SUPPORT.
    GL
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Stretching helps, I have had issues with mine too. Put your elbows on your table and stretch out those butt muscles and back muscles. Its gonna hurt but it helps relieve some of the tension. And talk to your doc
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My mother in law told me that she had to go to the chiropractor every day the last couple months during her pregnancies. I went 2-3 times a week depending on my symptoms.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008