Husband / boyfriend 18 yrs together..

He calls you immature, childish, incapable, need to lose weight (when you are were you were when you both meet. But it is the shape that is different..not pulling 50% of your duties...that is just some of the things he says..Where do you find the strength and wisdom to deal with or move on? when there is a child involved and yo have not worked in 11 yrs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Huh?
    Anonymous

• He'll be out that door. 18 yrs or not, no one deserves to be treated like that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Confused. He's 18 or you've been together for 18 years? If he's been saying that to you for 18 years...then I'd say wow...strong will to stay with someone that can be like that. If he's 18 years old and talking to you like that...then he's got a lot of growing up to do...and would not be in MY life if that were me. I couldn't handle it...I'd say one of us would be at the curb.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am confused lol say that again one more time is he 18 years old or you have been together for 18 years.
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We have been together 18 yrs.... there is a 14 yrs difference...these words started lightly about 10 yrs ago... and have worsen in the last four...I have looked for work, unsuccessful thus far... everything is in his name...and no close family that i can rely on that is close to here, because I cannot move states away with child without a fight... since I have no money....stuck for the moments...He says that he means not to insult, only to motivate so things are and get done to his desires...
    Sorry never done this, just needing good advice in how to relate to him. It is alot of playing Ping pong....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'd get a job so you can leave or leaste be in a better situation to prepare to leave
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm sorry if the OP wasn't clear in her initial question and description. Notice all of the other women who didn't fully understand? Vote me down or whatever, but I wasn't the only one who didn't understand.
    Anonymous

• NO.... all the answers are fine.... my Internet was on a blink again...LOL..
    Sorry for all the intail confusion...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Been there, done that. Wish I had moved on sooner. I have 3 kids and was in the relationship for 17 1/2 yrs. You need to save yourself and your child from this situation. No one deserves to be disrespected like that. It's verbal abuse. Run for the hills sister. I only had a couple of very p/t jobs when I was married. You can & will survive!
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 1:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i say it's time to find yourself again. you don't want your child to think it's ok to treat ppl like that or that it is an ok way to be treated. you need to get a job and move on from him. you can be the single mom, you just have to find the strength in yourself to do it.
    metalmommy2006

Answer by metalmommy2006 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2011