My 10 month old won't sleep through the night!

So my son will go to sleep around 9pm & wakes up every night around 11 to 12 every single night! He will stand in his crib & scream & cry I dont know what else to do. I know he isn't hungry cause I can lay him in the bed with us & he goes right to sleep without a bottle. It makes it harder to ignore - sounds bad but true he sleeps in our room with us cause we only have 2 bedrooms so we have no choice but to have him in the room with us. I am so tired help??

crystal7908

Asked by crystal7908 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 12 month old won't sleep through the night either. Sometimes they just aren't ready to yet. Sounds like for your LO he is just used to being taken to your bed when he wakes up.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Mine does the same thing. I am holding on to the hope that my older son did the same thing and started sleeping like a dream at 1 1/2 years old.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Human babies don't sleep through the night. Once researchers stopped asking parents what was happening and started videotaping what was happening, they found that parents are either lying ('cause their kids are waking, they know it and are evading the fact with explanations, or just lying 'cause they think it makes them good parents) or sleeping through it, or their kids have learned that there is no point in making any noise because no one cares.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know this will sound really corney lol, but try lavender body wash etc. I'm a wholesome bath and body product developer and certified aromaspecialist and I have to say, it really will make a huge difference. It is not a cure of course, from whats goin on but it will certainly help. Of course you dont have to get it from me, but make sure who ever youget it from use all natural ingredeint synthetic ingredeints will nit help or have the same effect. I hope this helps some.
    Sakinsglow

Answer by Sakinsglow at 12:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• try a tighter bed time routine and lavender wash and lotion, also try putting a peice of clothing you wore that day (if its not dirty dirty) maybe he just wants you :) and this will help him feel closer :) that being said there was nothing i could do with my now 28mo she woke up at least 5 times a night from day 1 till she was 22mo..exsausting..yes..but it finally stoped and is now a blur of the past :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 1:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• "I know this will sound really corney lol, but try lavender body wash etc"
    I did the same thing with my daughter. I used J&J bed time bath, and it acually seemed to work! I would give her a bath in water that is just a TAD warmer then normal (test the water of course) put some of the stuff in it. Let her soak as long as she wants too then rub for for awhile with the J&J night time lotion all over the body and if u want, maybe feed her a small bottle of formula or milk and warm it some. This routine worked very well with my daughter. I still use this now from time to time. Maybe also limit the naps some. But don't let them get over tired, u will just have the same problems u have now, except for for fussiness thern usual.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my ds is almost 10 months and he just started the same thing, he shares a room with us also...then if i put him in bed with me, he goes back to sleep. he'll eat occasionally, but most of the time goes back to sleep as long as he's in my bed. he did just cut his first tooth about a month ago, i think he may be teething. he also just came down with a little cold, so hopefully this is just a phase due to teething/ being sick and will pass...that's the only thing i can figure it to be. he use to sleep all night, until about a week after his tooth came in, so i think that may be it.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• "or their kids have learned that there is no point in making any noise because no one cares. "

OR, maybe they've just learned that nighttime is for sleep, so when they wake and it's still nighttime they roll over and go back to sleep, just like older kids and adults do.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• They do sleep longer when THEY are ready to do so. Tried EVERYTHING suggested here, AND CIO.... and mine WOULD NOT sleep longer. Not till I stopped trying to make him sleep and paid attention to his patterns. But I did go into the Mom Gig expecting no more than three hours sleep at a time!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• op...just wanted to update you, i took my ds in for his 9 month check up today (it was a little late, has just about 10 months) but turns out he has an ear infection, we had no signs other than his fussiness and not sleeping through the night which i thought was from teething. he doesn't have a fever, hasn't been pulling on his ear or anything...but dr. says they are very common especially in a teething baby, maybe you should get yours checked. GL!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011