Is this too many kids?

We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy ( he's the youngest) ages 2, 4, 5, and 9. We're playing with the idea of having another NOW, only because we want another boy And I'm 38 which means I don't have much time left. We're pretty stable financially , but mine and DH's families say we're crazy for wanting any more kids. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• no i wouldnt hve ny more
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• stop worrying about what other people think. (easier said than done i know) but you guys need to do what makes you happy. you dont want to look back years from now and wish you had. if you dont, you might always wonder how it would feel to have that missing space in your heart filled.
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 12:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you can manage it, why not? I'd have a huge family, if DH was up for it. I think as long as you have the time to give to each of them, and lots of love to go around, then however many you want is just right.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think that it's up to the parents to decide whether they have too many kids or not. If you want to have more kids, I don't see why you shouldn't. Don't worry about other people say.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Do what you want! I have 3 just right for us, All of my brothers have 5 or 6! There is nothing wrong with having a larger family!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• sounds like a lot to deal with,but only u know whats best for u
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you can afford them... it is your business/choice!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• What if it is a girl? Money isn't all it takes to raise a child. What other reasons and are you ready emotionally to have another?
    What you said is that you want another boy and you have enough money. That is not really reason to add another to your family.
    I think you need to think more and talk more before making a final decision.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think your nuts but if you can afford it and you want more its up to you...I have 3 and can not imagine one more but we both work FT I did use to stay home and he does not helpthat much so for me the idea seems crazy but your situation is probably different:) Good luck!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• For me, yes 5 is too many. But I don't think it's insane if that's what you want. People that have more kids than they can take care of have too many, even if that number is only 1. If you can take care of your kiddos, then have as many as you and your SO decide is good for your family.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2011