Who has a good recipe for soft homemade white bread for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I do! Message me and I will send it to you. For a bread maker or not? I have both!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 2:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sorry, I avoid colon-clogging foods

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Here's our family's favorite white bread recipe. It's soft on the inside and a mixture of chewy/crispy for the crust. You can make it in the bread machine, a large stand mixer with a dough hook or even by hand:

Rice Bread:

* 1/2 cup cooked white or brown rice
    * 1 1/2 Tbsp. (1 Tbsp. + 1 1/2 tsp.) vegetable or canola oil

Put these two ingredients in a 2 cup measuring cup & add enough warm water to make 1 1/2 c. Dump into bread machine pan or mixing bowl.
    Add:

* 2 Tbsp. sugar
    * 2 tsp. salt
    * 3 cups all purpose flour (I've used all purpose or whole wheat, even a mix of both)
    * 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast.

If using a bread machine, set to desired setting & start. I prefer to use the dough cycle then take the dough out and form a loaf, let rise in my loaf pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

continued
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If using a stand mixer, add the flour last, cup by cup. If mixing by hand I will also add the flour at the last and then knead for 6 to 8 minutes before letting it rise, covered, in a greased bowl. Form into a loaf, let rise in bread pan and bake 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.
    michiganmom116