Could i be addicted?

I think im addicted to Soda....I dont eat NOTHING everyday but i drank like 5-6 Sodas a day. Ive gained alot of weight from it and i am very worried. Id at least like to cut down to 1 a day, cause i at least gotta have 1 a day for me not to get a headache. Ive also been smoking cigarettes alot more too. I just feel like im letting myself go, cause im always depressed. I do believe i need to start working out and eatting healthy and i NEED to quit smoking for a fact! And suggestions on what i should do? or what would help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• Join the Y and get into a program with a friend for support.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i'm going to say you are... it is a bad thing to start i know i was doing it too.. my i stopped little by little don't do it cold turkey cause you'll just get one heck of a headacke but you can and trust me you'll be so happy you did.. you lose so much weight and drinking juices and waters will be so much more healther for you.. you can it's not like being an alci but it's not good for your body.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I can definitely sympathize with u. I was the same way. Although, I know this ain't fixing it, switch to diet pop. Diet coke and diet pepsi are good, but they are alot better COLD! Diet Dr Pepper is really good to, actually taste like regiular Dr Pepper. As for smoking, thjis will be alot harder. I am going on 2 1/2 yrs since I quit. I quit when I found out I was pregnant and quit cold turkey. That had to of been the hardest thing I have ever done. Working out will help u alot, start drinking lots of water will help to. If u drink coffee, stop for awhile. That was one of triggers when I smoked. Coffee & cig were like peanutbutter and jelly. Same way with beer or whatever. I drank alot of vitiam water, thats good stuff. The purple label, I think is fruit punch, the orange juice, and strawberry and kiwi. Chew gum alot, sugar free. Also ask your doc ot write u a RX for wellburtin (spelled wrong I know) cont>>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't think I believe this post.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thats is also considered a antidepressant too, and one more bonus, its known too help with weigh loss, and better yet, u can go to wal-mart and get it for $4. For this drug to work properly, it takes approx 2 to 3 weeks. And if the depression after this still persists, u can u can take something like paxil or celexa, again both of these u can get at wal-mart. I was at first diagnosed with major depression, and when I took these, they sent me into a "manic" stage, although minor considering it could have been alot worse. Then I was diagnoised with Bipolar disorder type 2. I wish u thre best of luck, it will not be easy, it will be easier quitting drinking pop!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I forgot to add that wellbutrin is used to quit and ease the effects of stopping smoking. U wean yourself off of cigs and by the time the 2 or 3 weeks comes u can stop.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011