How long do you store home made baby food?

I made my 11 month old some home made baby food.

Roasted turkey/potato/zucchini/carrot puree

I pureed it in the food processor and put it in little bowls with lids. I made it on Sunday afternoon. He ate some for lunch today.

Do you think its safe to give him some tomorrow for lunch? Its only in the refrigerator not freezer.

Thanks!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 12:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's in the freezer I usually don't keep it more than 1 day, 2 at MOST. In the freezer I keep it several weeks.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sorry, meant fridge on the first one, not freezer.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Treat it the same way you would if it were normal food. Those food would start to go bad after about 3 days.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If in the fridge I would use it within 48 hrs. I make everything for my son (5months) at the beginning of the month and freeze it so he has a large selection all month long. When he starts eating table foods/finger foods It will be from what ever were eating during that meal.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• 2-3 days is the max.... if you make a bunch just freeze it but it should be fine the next day
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2011