Question, could be TMI lol. *UPDATED*.

Uhm last night I had really bad stomach pains [gas] and I was super bloated, this morning I passed a bowel [tmi] and it was diarrhea...yeah well, could this be due to my dehydration, or am I coming down with something? Like food poisoning, I had my flu shot, so I'm pretty sure that's not it. :-|

I'm only 23 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

[ I had a pap two days ago and my cervix was closed. ]

I also had really bad gas, nausea [no vomitting], no contractions, no pelvic pressure.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Actually, the flu shot that pregnant women are given contains an inactivated flu virus. The only immunization given that contains the "active" influenza, is given to individuals at low risk for getting the flu.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I get that way sometimes to were i get really bad cramps and bloating and then will have diahrea. Its probably nothing. If you have been dehydrated then you were probably constapaited due to it. Wouldnt worry if you are feeling better now. drink lots of water.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• THE FLU SHOT CAN ACTUALLY GIVE YOU THE FLU BECAUSE IT PLACES THE VIRUS IN YOUR BODY, EVEN THOUGH IT IS A SMALL AMOUNT OF THE VIRUS. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE JUST A SMALL CASE OF IT. SORRY!!
    BUT REALLY DONT WORRY.
    IF IT DOESNT STOP IN A FEW DAYS THEN TALK TO YOUR DR , BUT IT REALLY ISNT BAD.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You say, "could this be due to my dehydration", are you dehydrated? You also did not state what you have had in your diet and if you excercise or not. If the pain is persistent, did you make a call to the doctor? You can always leave a message for the nurse and they give phone advice for less serious things. When you get further along, you are more likely to have gastrointestinal issues, from hormonal changes and pressure to your bowel and intestines.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• @ kirstan,
    yes i am dehydrated, well i was 'diagnosed' at l&d the other night and sent home.
    i didn't call my doctor b/c the pains only lasted into the night, then this morning i've only had gas and the one time i passed a bowel i had the diarrhea.
    i was constipated yesterday a bit, so maybe the diarrhea was a way for my body to 'soften my stool', tmi, but oh well.
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Since you were dehydrated I am assuming you weren't eating much as well. With your immune system supressed, its likely you got a little stomach bug. I'd still call the doc to be sure it's normal. I hope you feel better soon.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• @ kirstan,
    my diet was pretty good, i didn't lose an appetite.
    i didn't think i wasn't drinking enough either...but i think it's more what i drink not how much. and thanks. i feel better today, i was just getting advice on it, so i don't call my mid-wife about something ridiculous! :-)
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If something isn't a big deal I would not compare it to Food Poisoning. That is pretty bad, maybe you havent had it.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 12:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• dont u drink enought liquids?
    Anonymous

• @ anonymous, I already answered that. :-|

@ kirstan,
    i have...i'm sure it was just something i ate that gave me an upset stomach, not food poisoning, now that you mention it, food poisoning is usually a pretty nasty sickness.
    I'm sure I just ate something that was either giving me gas or something that didn't settle, b/c I didn't vomit and I wasn't in and out of the bathroom with diarrhea. And after I passed the bowel, everything [gas, stomach ache] seemed to subside, I'm drinking water now and I just ate, so I do have an appetite.
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008