ughhhhhhhh I am going insane!!

My 2 yr old is driving me NUTS!! I can't get her to do anything!!! She torments the cat when she is not strangling the poor thing. Kicks when we change her diaper, fights wqhen we try to dress her, turns into a hour or so long scream fest, takes off when we open the door to let the dog in. My heart stopped when she fell and hit her head on the ice. Ended up taking her to the ER cause she wasn't the same as she was earlier. I checked her eyes about 10 min later, I used my flash light, an her pupils were uneven. So to the ER I went. I do love this hospital! They have one of the nations top neo-natal units, and a real good in and out time. Like I wen in at about 6pm and I was at home by 8pm. Anyway, HELP!!!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 21 months and is acting very similar!! It is so frusterarting! The best advice i recieved is staying calm. When she acts up instead of yelling and getting upset talk to her in a calm voice and explain things to her she may cry or throw a fit but she will hear you and when she doesn't get a reaction out of you it will take the fun out of being bad! Redirect her attention after you talk to her or you can go with a strict two minute time out. If she walks away which she most likley will take her back and do this repeatedly until she stays there. I have also heard that it is good to have a designated time out spot with a stuffed animal or something that is comferting to them. Also when the do behave good or do something right make sure to acknowledge and praise them its very important!!! Hope this helps!!!!!
    bellesmom5

Answer by bellesmom5 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• it sounds like terible 2's... you need to use time out and take things away for bad behavior..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Be super consistent with her. Let her know the rules and stick to them. Use time outs or take away THE most important thing in the world to her for punishment. Each child has a "currency" and taking it away for a n appropriate time can works wonders. ALso, make sure she gets enough one on one time with you and your SO. Plus praise when she does things right. This, along with positive reinforcement, goes a long way to making them feel special and lessen tensions. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Just be consistent with her def sounds like terrible 2's my DD is starting slowly to go through this phase! Best of luck hun!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2011