would it be wise to wait til after school to have a baby?

my wife wants to have another baby. she doesn't currently have a job and i am in cosmetology school. i am fighting for custody of our daughter. we are both wanting to know when would be the best time to start looking into having another child.

metalmommy2006

Asked by metalmommy2006 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I believe in your situation that it would be best. Right now you have identified no source of income and a lot of stress-- namely fighting for the custody of your daughter and getting through school. Once you're out of school, and get a job, you are in a much better position to have another child and support the new family member. HOpefullly, by then, you'll have your daughter, too!

in all honesty, there isn't a "perfect" time to have a baby. But, the most ideal time is when most of your ducks are in a row! I say most because "all" just doesn't happen.

Good luck to you, and I wish you the best of luck with school.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd wait until after school. Luckily for cosmetology you don't have 4+ years. From what I know it's a matter of months, maybe a couple years so you all could get pregnant and have the baby all just in time for school to be finished. Good Luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• it sounds like you guys have alot on your plate right now and adding trying to conceive to that seems like alot .. wait till youve finished with school at least before you start again.. good luck!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes I'd wait, but I am confused as to why you are "fighting for custody of our daughter". That part doesn't make sense. Anyways, wait until you finish school and maybe land a job before you start trying again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i'm fighting for custody of our daughter, because shellbi claims galen, but her bio dad is still very much in the picture. so in our case, galen has 3 parents and only two are together
    metalmommy2006

Comment by metalmommy2006 (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2011