My nails are thin and weak, they bend and tear easily. They have gotten increasingly so over the past 2 or 3 years. Is there something I can do or put on them or take that will fix this? I already take a good multivitamin/mineral supplement, and please don't say prenatal vitamins, I am not pregnant and those things make me as sick as a dog!

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 12:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• NAIL TECH - it is a milky looking base coat and a clear top coat polish for your nails and it's what people who usually get acrilic nails and want to stop use to get their real nails back to being strong and long. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!! You will truely be suprised with how well it really works. And remember to never file back and forth ( your nails are made up of layers so when you file back and forth you are tearing them up even worse ) so always file in one direction, your layers will stay together better to make stronger nails. And the most important thing is to drink lots of water. Good luck :)
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 3:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Just trim and file them regularly and always keep clear polish on them. It helped me. My nails are the same way :(
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Absolutely, I had the same problem you do until I found this amazing nail polish. It's called LA Girl Calcium. I get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It makes your nails as hard as if they were acrylic. Also there is a cuticle oil by Sally Hansen, you can get it at Target, it's just a Vitamin E oil, it makes your nails super strong too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Fish oil capsules. Also, try using something like Sally Hansen Nail hardener or Nail Tech's. Also, there is some hand lotion (mine is just CVS brand) but it's for women with weak and brittle nails and helps stregthen them.
    PhiLLy-StyLe

Answer by PhiLLy-StyLe at 12:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Hi

I have nails that if I look at them the wrong way they chip, peel or just break off. Then after I started Avon I found a great product they have. It really helped and I'm so amazed at them now. I live on a "farm", I do gardening as well. I was always breaking , chipping or something to them. I also am washing my hands alot which doesn't help my nails. But after a couple of weeks of using Nail Experts, I was amazed at how they were stronger and longer. You can go to my website www.youravon.com/randersh and when you checkout use code FSANY for FREE shipping. There is also many great things for the Holidays and gift ideals.
    sdgal

Answer by sdgal at 12:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails, it's INCREDIBLE stuff!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm wondering if perhaps the vitamins you are taking don't have the right solubility? Some are not pH balanced for the small intestines where most absorption takes place. It might be worth looking into....
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 1:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• as mom my say good old fashion JELLO
    yaz21206

Answer by yaz21206 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• they have Top Coats that have diamond chips in them I have some but it is packed away cause I'm moving, so I can't tell u the name it worked for me. I bought it at I believe a drug store
    Anonymous

• extra folic acid. Just buy it separately and take it with your multivitamin.
    Anonymous