Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11 Bumps

should states check immigration status before issuing drivers licenses ?


Asked by gwen20 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 35 (71,622 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (37)
  • LMAO @ Farmlady!! :o)

    Yes, it's the LEAST the DMV should do, and it should be "standard policy!"

    And NO, this is NOT acceptable either:

    OR this:



    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Oh good grief. Why bother? For that matter, why put a picture on licenses or require any ID to get one ... and lose those freaky tests. Just let everyone have a driver's license! How about losing the age requirements and the special tests for driving those big heavy trucks around while we're at it. Just think of the fun! We could all get seven or eight of them and just get out there on the highway and play bumpercars ... or hold impromptu demo derbies during rush hour. Woot! We don't need no stinking laws ...

    Ok, sarcasm attack is over. YES.
    Upon further reflection, HELL YES!
    Right now a US citizen has to produce umpteen pieces of ID just to be allowed to have a crappy pic taken and stuck on a license. They want to know everything BUT our undies preference. Why on earth AREN'T they also checking to see if a person is even a legal citizen?!?


    Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Absolutely!! They should also check for outstanding warrants and people behind on child support.

    Answer by Scuba at 8:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Heavens yes. It'd be a very efficient way to try and "weed out" a few thousand. I hate to use that term but it's nearly 1am and I cannot come up with a less insulting term that means the same thing

    Answer by hibbingmom at 1:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Yes!

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Yes

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • responsible = finding a pro bono law firm to assist you in filing paperwork, getting a work visa, etc etc.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 1:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Yes.

    Answer by tinamatt at 7:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Yes

    Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2011