My dd's going to be 16 mths

in less than a week and still wont let go and walk. She'll push the walker toy like nothing and turn it and all that. But just wnt let go. I caught her trying to stand up & shes done it a few times. She took her 1st steps but after that didnt walk alone at all. Is something wrong, when i should i be concerned?! Oh and shes walks good holding my hand too

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children move at their own pace. She'll walk on her own when she wants to, I wouldn't be concerned, especially since she walks while holding your hand.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Given everything you have written it sounds like it won't be long. It has to be at her own pace though. Relax and continue what you are doing. She is still within normal range for walking. Enjoy her!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Actually the way it sounds it won't be long until she is walking without any help. Better get ready for lots of chasing around.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yeah, I"m sure before you know it, you'll be missing the times when she wasn't walking and she's into EVERYTHING!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011