Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

should the children of illegal immigrants be allowed to stay in the USA ? (both parents are illegal)


Asked by gwen20 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 35 (71,622 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (33)
  • No, absolutely not. That amendment needs to be updated. The system (mostly) treats illegals better than law-abiding actual citizens. My sister is a divorced mom of 2 kids, her deadbeat ex is thousands of $ behind on child support. She barely makes ends meet, but can't get help b/c "she makes too much $" (factoring in the child support she SHOULD be getting but doesn't). She is a US born citizen who has worked legally and paid taxes the last 20 years. No help for her. Meanwhile, Jose who snuck here in the trunk of a car gets an illegal job and pays no taxes, yet gets helped with my sister's tax dollars because he and his wife have 9 kids. I'm sorry but that pisses me off. The people who have paid IN to this system should be helped by it FIRST. And yes I know citizens abuse the system too. I don't condone that either, but at least they aren't starting off by breaking the law and then being rewarded for it.

    Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • IMHO the child should stay w/ the parents..... and the parents should be deported and referred to someone or some nonprofit business that assists non-criminals in filing for refugee status, work visas, etc etc

    If not, then illegals would come here by the thousand to breed just for residency. And that is sickening. If you're in such a bad position that you have to produce human life just to have a better life yourself.... ugh! Gross, wrong, bad.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 1:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • no!!! our country shells out enough money for the illegals as it is already. so what the kids is now a citizen, but the parents are illegal, so they are going to deport the parents and put the kid into our foster/ adoption system as another mouth for our tax dollars to feed. did you know that Cali has a welfare program for non citizen immigrants...that's right...come to our state illegally and we'll reward you with money that we won't give to a needy (legal and working family who speaks english) family! but if you come to our country sit on your butt and pop out kids we'll give you all the money and support you need...WTF EVER! no wonder we're broke!!

    Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Not unless the parents are willing to sign over custody prior to being deported. Give them the choice to take the child back with them or relinquish custody. For now, any child in this situation could return when they are 18.

    The parents have the option to apply for citizenship (and the costs of that US birth should be factored in!) or not, but they shouldn't be allowed to use their newborn as though the child was a bus ticket or train fare ~ with free lodging and no laws to be accountable to at the end of the ride.

    Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • so they sneak in as felons and are then rewarded? whereas a person in the same situation who was NOT pregnant (or perhaps suffers a miscarriage) is then either in prison or deported?

    Answer by hibbingmom at 1:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by Julia0331 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • No. The parents are illegal and should be deported; their children are minors so they go too.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Should the children of drug dealers and bank robbers get to keep the money?

    Answer by NotPanicking at 7:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • NO!! The law that allows this SHOULD be changed to reflect the current problem we're having with illegals and anchor babies. As I understand it, this law was intended for the children of slaves. It needs "updating!"

    Answer by LoriKeet at 7:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Oh no, as soon as that child is born, mom should be given a choice to take them back with hier of to sign the child over for adoption where they can be adopted by a legal family.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011