what do u think of a cop using a taser on a pregnant woman who refuses to comply and gets combative ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think if someone puts themselves into a situation like this, the responsibility for the consequences are hers. The sad part is she was willing for her child to possibly pay the consequential price for her. I am sure she will sue and claim she was the victim and try to shift the responsibility back onto the Police. Depending on where she lives, she just might get away with it.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think any woman who initiates hitting/punching/kicking/biting is deserving of what she gets. If she hits a man, she should expect to get hit back (and if SHE doesn't like getting hit she should consider that the man won't appreciate it much). If she hits a cop ~ preggers or not ~ she will, at the very least, go to jail for a while. If she is tasered, restrained, etc. she has no one but herself to blame. Being pregnant doesn't give a woman a free pass to assault anyone, including a cop. If anything, a pregnant woman should be watching what she does and considering ahead of time how it might impact/injure her unborn child. Just my opinion.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The police are trained to use whatever means necessary to do their job, subdue the person and bring them in. I have zero sympathy for those who get shot or tazered for not cooperating with police. You obey the cops, period.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 4:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would not like to see it, but at the same time pregnancy does not mean you can be combative towards a police officer. What I learned in school from the police officers is, "There's a place for everyone in jail."
    From what I heard people get arrested to have prenatal care when they can not afford it. I am from LA county originally and have heard stories.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• All I gots to say is "if your going to act like and idiot you will be treated like an idiot" People need to get over there b.s and stop acting like the world revolves around them.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• She knows she was pregnant also so why is she resisting the officer. The officer has no way of knowing what is going to do.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Of course the police should exhaust all other measures before taking such extreme action. I believe this to be true in EVERY case, not just a pregnant woman. However, being pregnant is not an excuse to be combative towards police, nor is it a "Get out of jail free card." Pregnant women are not above the law.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 2:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Goodwitch and Farmlady took the words right out of my mouth. The woman should have been concerned enough about her child's welfare to not put herself in that position.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I COMPLETELY agree with Goodwitch and FarmLady.....WELL SAID!!! :o)

good

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• She doesn't get any sympathy from me either.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011