if you caught your adult daughter having sex with a priest, would you expose them to the church or keep quiet ?

bible study

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I'm Lutheran and our ministers can marry. And they just don't seem to be making the news as much for rape and pedophilia, but I can't imagine WHY...
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i would be shocked... talk to my daughter about it that's for sure... and say really???
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd mind my own business.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hibbingmom, I'm so sorry, but really? Couldn't you be happy the priest chose an adult woman?

LMAO...I couldn't help it.

It is not a mother's fault that her adult child may make a mistake in her moral judgment. No one is without sin, including you. That's very judgmental of you, and I'm sorry, but Jesus paid too high of a price for YOU to do His job for Him.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd mind my own beeswax. If they are both consenting adults, it is none of my business. Not to mention that publicly exposing anyone, especially my own daughter, is downright disgusting.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 2:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Better than being with a little boy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No, I have a fantasy about my DH dressing as a priest. I would tell my DD to be responsible with birth control. But come on could she do worse?
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Idaspida, this one's for you ;) http://www.ehow.com/how_2071655_make-priest-costume.html
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hey I am Episcopalian and our priests can marry. Which also means they have the right to date!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would mind my own damned business. Maybe if priests were allowed to marry and have consensual sex, then the few who have molested children might not have taken that route.
    Sillymama530

Answer by Sillymama530 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2011