what do you think of pageant moms entering their sons in beauty pageants ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• honestly i think its fine, rather boy or girl SO LONG AS THE CHILD ENJOYS IT! and isent pushed into it, iv seen some kids in the toddlers and tearas show..who would be much happier without the stress and all :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 1:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Just be ready for the flames if it backfires. I know a guy who was a pageant "queen" as a boy and he's a true queen now. But the sweetest guy ever.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• BETTER than the daughters. The boys don't suffer as much. Plus since there's so fewer boys per pageant they have a better chance of winning, therefore boosting confidence, etc.

I have a little boy who's been in ballet & tap for many years and I've heard some terribly hurtful things........ the sexist portion of it makes me sick. Boys can be anything and everything..... so can girls.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• We complained of women's rights; so why not let men and boys do the same activities we enjoy?
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• they have the right just as much as girlss do
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I didn't say it was bad. But the guy was pushed into it and when he came out to his family, they ostracised him for it. All I'm saying is if there's a family pushing for ultra masculinity, then don't be surprised. His family caused HIM pain and anguish. He told his family they should have entered him in football if they wanted a jock. But in the end, I supposed the result would have been the same. Judging me on a single incident I happened to share is ignorance, kettle.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• what flames of backfiring though? your son might hate you but his childhood extracurricular activities have zero influence on his eventual sexuality. Like if you put your little girl in kiddie lumberjack shows or dirt track racing she'll grow up to "butch" or whatever the opposite of a "queen" is?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i was thinking of putting my 6 week into a couple of these "pageants", but only as a baby, not as toddler, unless she asked me to do it. but even then it gets expensive. but i would enter my baby in one b/c shes soooo damn cute!!! lmao!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was actually thinking about entering my son in some pageants just to see if he would do well. He has blonde hair and blue eyes and the smoothest skin ever.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• skit = that is a truly horrendous thing to suggest. No matter what you dress your son in or what his weekend activities are, it cannot and does not influence his sexual orientation. A little boy who ice skates (or does pageants) can grow up to be a truck driver or fireman with a wife and 6 kids. Likewise a little boy who plays football and little league can be in the front row of the local gay pride parade. Insinuating otherwise is the definition of ignorance and is why the country as a whole suffers from a lack of tolerance.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011