best way to check your cervix adult content

I was just wondering what the best way is to check my cervix... Ive heard a little bit about it, but was wondering exactly how I could do it? Ive felt around in there for mucus, but i never really feel anything? what should the cervix feel like when I do try to feel it? For example, today, I reached pretty far up there, and couldnt feel anything.... My period was supposed to start on January 17 but hasnt started yet... I experienced what I thought was implantation spotting last week, but the test as of the 17th was negative... any thoughts?????? Is it still possible that I could be pregnant? And any info on the cervix topic would be much appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you tested negative on a urine test i suggest you go and get a blood test done cus thats the most accurate test out there and i dont really know to much about cervix checking ill just let the doctor do that instead of hurting myself or causing an infection .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 5:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Checking your cervix is really easy. Make sure you wash your hands first and your nails are clipped. Sit on the toilet, if you want you can put one leg up on the bathtub if it makes it easier. Use your middle fingure and feel around for a bump. Before ovulation your cervix will feel firm and more like the tip of your nose and should be lower (it shouldnt be that hard to find), and around ovulation it will soft more like the feel of your lips and will be high (sometimes it can be so high that its hard to find). You'll have to do this several times throughout your cycle to figure out what is normal for you.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Saysha1000687 gave some GREAT advise.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to learn more!!!

ANd you are less likely to injure yourself than a doctor who can't feel what you feel and NO MORE likely to cause an infection than a doctor with a gloved finger which is NOT sterile.

I will add though that checking your cervix will NOT tell you whether or not you are pregnant. You would have to check every month to know what is normal and not normal for you in order to know if it's a pregnancy sign.

I would take another test in a week.

With my last pregnancy (my miscarriage) I did not get a positive test until about a week after my missed period.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011