have you ever died and then came back to life? what was it like?

well one time i was soooooooo sick and i was unbelievbly dehydrated and i saw jesus's face laying in bed and it was quite weird.. i swore i felt like death and soo my grandpa brought me in to the hospital and they said if i wasnt brought in any sooner i could of died.. but thats as close as it gets for me

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• very good question... it amazes me how many people who have stories of how they were very ill and they saw the face of jesus or they saw a bright light. i have aways been curious about that.... i will definitely check back and read the answers. here's a bump.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• We learned in anatomy and phisiology that people who come close to death see bright lights because that's the bodies way of shutting down.
    I got stung by a bee out in the woods. My parents didn't know I was allergic to bees and I went into anaphalatic shock. We were deep in the woods and you could only get there by boat, there were no cell phones back then either. We got to the resort and called 911, my face was blue and my throat was swollen. We met the ambulance on the side of the highway. We pulled over when we saw them (we had our hazards on and they watched for us). Everything is blurry and I almost died. I had weird visions of aliens during this time. That's all I remember.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Aliens I've never heard that before
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have not been knocking on heaven's door with a brush of death, but I have had a few close calls and God spoke to me and reassured me :-) I do however know someone very dear to me that has died and come back. Literally died. Stop breathing . Lips were blue, no pulse or anything for nearly a half hour. He tells everyone that when you die not to fear it because it is the most peaceful feeling. He said he saw himself looking at a very bright light and he was standing there smiling at it and couldn't stop smiling at it. He said,"When you die you wont remember any of this that I've told you because your mind will be somewhere else in a place that is not of this Earth." I believe him 110%. It says in the Bible that we will see visions of things to come. :-)

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have heard of the aliens thing!! crazyy!!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 7:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I had a classic near-death experience during back surgery in 1999. The dark tunnel, the very bright light, voices all around me and an angel walking with me towards the light. I don't know what happened as I was under anesthesia by that time. The doctor didn't mention any complications or problems, so I don't know. I DO know that it affected me very deeply and I didn't even mention it to my family for several years.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011