When would you quit working?

I have 11 days until my due date and Im still going to work everyday, when would you quit going to work altogether?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i worked with my son all the way up till i delivered, with this one i plan on doing the same thing. its all up to you and what you do for a living. If you are having to lift heavy things id say you should probably take the rest of the time off but if its not bothering you to work then keep working. its more time you will have to stay home with baby.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• when your ready too. or if your doctor says you should. i know some women who have worked up to the day they were due. =/ ...
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 12:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• With my singleton babies I worked up until the due date. I was healthy and able so it made sense. But with my twins I had a different job that was way more stressful, and I opted to leave work at 32 weeks, I was in preterm labor the next week and ordered to bedrest
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• IF YOU CAN THEN GO FOR IT.
    SOME GIRLS HAVE COMPLICATIONS OR ARE JUST LAZY. IT REALLY JUST DEPENDS.
    DONT OVERWORK YOURSELF, AS LONG AS YOUR DOCTOR DOESNT MIND THEN GO AHEAD.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I worked until 7 months with my first (I was full time on my feet all day), and I still continued to be active (about 4-5 days a week) at my church until i delivered. I also kept up all the house cleaning on my own during the whole pregnancy. I had paid leave from my work.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 1:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i never quit. i worked on the day i went into labor. so work ended when i had the baby
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• With my first, I planned on taking a week off prior to my due date, however, she came on that Monday!! ;) With this one I plan on doing the same thing. Tomorrow is my last day and she is due on the 27th (hopefully sooner). I still have a few minor details that I want to take care of before I have two little ones to take care of.
    Addismom2007

Answer by Addismom2007 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would go as long as you can. I worked up until a week before my son was born. I had high blood pressure and was on bed rest for the last week. Congrats on working this long though. Good for you!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008