I finally did it...

My SO choke slammed me last night (he has been abusing me for the last 3 years) So I finally called the police and he went to jail. We now have a no contact order. He is trying to act like the victim but I can't do this anymore. He has gotten more violent and he did this in front of my child. If anyone has been through this I'd highly appreciate some advice. I have $3 to my name and I'm so scared. And some support please because I don't want to make the same mistake again by going back to him. Thanks ladies!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 3:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you should go to a womans shelter for battered women.
    DON'T GP BACK TO HIM THEY DONT CHANGE!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i agree with the above. do not go back to him. if you have a job and can afford to pay your bills that is a plus, but i advise you to move to a new place if possible.if not move in with a friend or family member or go to a women's shelter you are not a punching bag. in time u will find a man to treat you with the love and respect you deserve... life is short be happy.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I HAVE BEEN THRU THIS BEFORE...THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE TO YOU IS DO NOT GO BACDK TO HIM WHEN HE GETS OIUT OF JAIL.....HE WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO ABUSE YOU AND IT ALWAYS GETS WORSE....I ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL WITH MY HEAD CRACKED OPEN ....I LOOKED OVER AND MY THEN 1 1/2 YR OLD WAS IN A HOSPITAL CRIB NEXT TO ME.......HE BEAT ME AND THEN LEFT THE HOUSE AND LOCKED THE DOOR...IF THE NEIGHBORS DIDNT CALL THE POLICE I WOULD HAVE DIED....AND I WENT BACK TO HIM AFTER THAT.......SO BELIEVE ME IT CAN GET ALOT WORSE...GO TO THE WELFARE ASSISTANCE DEPT AND ASK TEHM FOR HELP...OR A BATTERED WOMENS SHELTER
    lovemykids2011

Answer by lovemykids2011 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Good for you! Stay strong and find some local support groups. I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i agree with all these. go to a shelter, if you find a place, get a cop to go the house with you and stand there while you get your things or take them now while he is in jail. some states have vouchers for financial assistance and some times police stations do too. good luck and be safe
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 3:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Get some support and head to a woman shelter and seek out legal help and get a ppo for you and your baby
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hang in there, you are doing the right thing. Violence always escalates. Call some local shelters they can put you in touch with places that can offer you assistance. Call the domestic abuse shelters too, there are resources out there for you, and they will help you find them.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• hugs

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• clappingway to go! I am sure that was hard but you made the right decision! Continue to be strong mama!

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• do not go back to him! they don't change, and if if he did, there are men out there that don't hurt you!

I was in bad relationship like this, almost married the guy, thank god I didn't!
    I had to be patient and kiss a few frogs, but I found my prince and he's never hurt me.

he's not perfect, and there's a lot of challenges, but I am a lucky woman.
    he's not worth your time or your pain, walk away, put it behind you and don't go back!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2011