Can anyone help me by telling me how to tell my parents please?

im 17 and im scared to death about what my parents will say or even do and i need some advice on how to tell them. i have an abusive dad and im afraid he will beat me if i tell him.

jaydensmommy549

Asked by jaydensmommy549 at 3:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Be honest and upfront with them. The longer you keep it a secret, the more they are not going to be happy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree with SweetLoveofMine just be honest and up front with them
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know it's going to be hard to tell them but the sooner you do the less stress you will put on yourself. Your parents love you and they will understand they may not be happy about it but they will have to get use to the idea and when they do it's gonna all be ok. Just pray and ask God to help you find the right words to say. Good Luck and God bless you and your little one.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 3:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you no longer live at home which Im praying you dont cause of the abusive father then I would call them and have them meet you in a public place like MCD or walmart just some place theres ALOT of people and then tell them and if they threaten to do bodily harm to you then you can always get a restraining order against them .. Good Luck Sweetie
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 4:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am in the same boat. i recently moved in with my SO and out of state, and i just found out I am 4-5 weeks along. I am so nervous, but I know that as soon as I get it off my chest, I will feel better and not have the cloud of guilt over my head. just keep this in your mind ALL BABIES ARE BLESSINGS in some way or another.
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 4:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Just be up front and come out with it.they will be upset with you about it but in the long run they will be there for you and the baby.pray before you do
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I totally agree a 100% with ANGELLUVGODDES meet them in a public place where there is alot of people so if your father tries to hurt you the police will be right there to have them arrested for putting his hands on you when your pregnant dont be scare just be up front it will be a whole lot better to be straight up .Good Luck =)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 5:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• How far along are you? Make sure you are out of the "risky miscarriage" window of being pregnant. Are you still in school? Could you talk to your school counsler? Maybe a counsler could set up a meeting with your parents. Good luck girl! It's not the end of life, its just the beginning!!!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You're a big girl now. You made the decision to have unprotected sex. Put on your big girl panties, suck it up and tell them. Obviously you weren't thinking about their potential reaction or the consequences of your actions when you had sex. You want to act like a grown up, now is your chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If I were u I would tell mom first since you have an abusive dad and tel her asap because this is not going away and you will drive yourself crazy waiting for the right time next time you see her just tell her and then take it from there with your dad. Congrats anyway...hope things work out for the best and take good care of yourself
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 11:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011