do u think that if a person can go overseas to risk their life in the military and fire a gun , that they should be allowed to have a beer even if they are under 21 ?

drinking beer

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes they should.

I have never understood why people are allowed to VOTE at age 18 but not able to buy a drink. IMO voting takes MUCH more sense than knowing when you have had to much to drink.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes. This I can answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes I do.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 4:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• absolutely if they can risk their lives for their country they should be able to have a beer. I don't believe in getting drunk but there is no harm in having a beer. and if he is in another country the drinking age is diffrent so it's not like he is really breaking the law if the country he is in allows it. But I believe that they should be able to in this country as well.

Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 4:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• SweetLoveofMine: Irresponsibility? Really? Some of these kids join at 16 and are responsible for the lives of others in team and platoon leader's positions by 18-19 in combat situations. If that's not responsible enough to prove they're worthy of being able to drink a round with their buddies who make it back then what, in your opinion, is?

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 7:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes they should

Ya know my theory is I really think the US has a higher drunk driving rate because you have to be 21 and teens get a thrill out of breakin the law
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 4:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, they should.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, if they are old enough to die for their country then by Gods let them have a drink.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think so. The drinking age should be 18 across all the states, IMO. If a young person is responsible enough to fight for our country, they are responsible enough to have a beer.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yes
    maidac

Answer by maidac at 5:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011