want an answer to the question, why is gay marriage taught in our schools?

I went ahead and added the standards for K in CA to the answers and am too lazy to repost them, so if you are even the least bit curious in why gay marriage would be taught in our kindergarden classrooms in CA then please feel free to read that post, "How is this NOT pushing beliefs?"

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 12:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i Didnt know it was going to be taught. Why would they teach that they try to stay away from even talking religion becuz every one believes differently.
    I dont want them teaching that to my kindergardner but i also think if they wana get married let him get married.
    they have the right to be in love and take care of there loved one.
    but thats a whole other story
    Anonymous

• Way confused here. Forgive me, but didn't CA once again ban gay marriage? So if that's the case they WHY would they teach that in schools in CA?! That makes no sense. Are you sure that's what they are teaching?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• b.c our governtment is trying to lean away from what this coutry is founded on. That is also why the Bible teaches to stay with your own kind, the way I understand it is that you stay with your own religion. When the Isrealites weere finally taken to the Promis Land they were ordered to kill all man, woman, and child so that their beliefs wouldn't interfere with their christian beliefs. but they didn't kill them and they intermengalled and look what happened from there
    Anonymous

• UH, if you are curious I posted the reason that CA would have possibly mentioned gay marraige in a K classroom in CA. If you actually bothered to read the other Q and the answers (mine in particular where I give some info from a CA teacher's perspective) then you would get why I posted this question. DUH!
    This wasn't intended as a question to get people arguing over the issue again, it was intended as a way to show some proof about how ridiculous and false the propoganda pushing for the ban was. So, if you even care the slightest about truth and fact, rather than ignorant judgments, see what was posted.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• anon what are you talking about , i agree with your first line but the later makes no sense you are talking about old testement and there was no christain than jesus had not come to eart yet
    Anonymous

• once upon a time black people and white people had to live completely separate lives. it was easy for them to ignore each other and look down on each other because they didn't have to get to know enough about each other to realize that each group had not just black people and white people, but all sorts of ideas, beliefs, and lifestyles and were pretty much the same.

it's called education for a reason.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• so, OP...you are too lazy to re-post them in your own question, but we are supposed to go look for them?

yeah...makes sense...

I'm too lazy to go look for them...

but as for the PP, I totally agree.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 2:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Anonymous Anonymous b.c our governtment is trying to lean away from what this coutry is founded on.

this country was NOT founded on denying citizens of their civil rights, nor was it founded on using law to compel anyone to live under christian doctrine.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i didnt even know that lol never learned it in the south kinda was not like much in our town
    Anonymous

• Thalassa, at least we can both admit to our laziness....
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008