Am I COMPLETELY nuts?

My family and friends have gotten me to agree to audition for NBC's "The Voice". It's basically NBC's answer to American Idol. It doesn't have an age limit. I am a 30+ wife and mom of 4. It seems really odd to try for something like this. Besides karaoke & church, I haven't sung for a crowd since I was 20!

It is a good example to give my kids, though. Just because you get older or married or have a family doesn't mean dreams die nor shouldn't be be pursued.

I guess I'm just really scared and FREAKING OUT!! I have always held my singing close to my heart and the thought of it being ripped apart scares the heck out of me.

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 6:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Entertainment

• That's great!! Be ready for the criticism, but know why you are there........to have fun and try something different. Dress in something figure flattering like a sheath dress with a defined wasitline, monochromatic from head to toe to elongate the body. Best wishes!!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Oh wow! How exciting :). No your not nuts your one brave women who is reaching for the stars! Best of luck momma :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thanks! The audition is on the 29th and I'm shaking in my boots!
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 6:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If your family REALLY loves you, they wouldn't encourage you to go if you had a crappy voice. Obviously, they think you might have a chance. Regardless of the out come, you will have a blast! Good Luck!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thank you. I hope I don't forget the lyrics!!
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No you're no nuts. You should keep trying for your dreams. :) Let us know how it goes.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I will definetely let everyone know how it goes!
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 7:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• How cool is THAT! Do it, do it, do it!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm scared about how I look. I am 5'1 and have gained 45 lbs because of steroids I had to be on while on chemo. I can't believe I'm considering being seen by the world when I'm this big!! I look like an oompa-loompa
    derosia_mama

Comment by derosia_mama (original poster) at 7:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i think you should totally go for it! just bc you have kids doesnt mean you cant fulfill your dreams! best of luck and well be watching!!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2011