Still decluttering. Should I keep my old diaries?

There's a whole pile of them. I haven't looked at them in ages and I doubt I ever will again. Don't have the time right now to read and then decide: "Oh, I keep this one and get rid of this one." I guess it IS a reminder of the person you've been once. But at the same time I think, they are sooo full of BS. I'm not going to keep them for my dd because every now and again there's something in it, that just isn't her buisness to know about mom. (Would you want to know about your mother's sexlife?)
I have the feeling I on;y wrote and kept them for my own vanity. So how do I decide? ANy tips?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Got rid of mine and never missed them.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I got rid of all mine. I didn't write my diaries so that someone could read them some day. There is some stuff in there i wouldn't want anyone to read, even 50 years after i die...LOL! But, if there are some things in there that maybe your grandchildren or great grand children would enjoy reading one day, maybe some would be worth saving. I think i would LOVE to read some of my late grandmothers diaries today.

But, i got rid of mine...LOL! Nothing good in there, just depressing memories...

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would keep them.....i love my old journals!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Keep them! They can never be replaced.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i would keep them. My grandmother used to write daily in her journals and when she passed away, it was a pleasure reading them. Some of the things she wrote was about us, but who cares. They are a special keepsake.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I keep mine, but I have removed pages...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i would keep them
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 4:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011