Do you think you could ever drink your own pee?

A very common survival technique, but one of the most disgusting, I think. You can do it, but only of absolutely necessary (because it increases the intensity of the toxins when it goes through your body for the second time). ... still YUK!

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 7:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If I were otherwise risking death, sure. As for any other pee-drinking, I don't think so.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would have to be dying of thirst. That has to be worse than drinking salt water!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Only if it was for survival. It grosses me out just thinking about it.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i dunno.. i guess if i had to survive and was delirious from thirst lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have to disagree with the poster about the toxin thing. Urine is made of excess, poop is waste. In other words, pee is beneficial stuff our bodies can't absorb like vitamins, white blood cells and water(and it does taste like lightly salted water). Poop is toxins, leftover food and whatever else we need to flush from our system. in cases of autoimmune disfunction it is quite beneficial besides being a tried and true survival technique. I bet you can guess my answer: yes, I would drink it if I had to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sounds like you know a whol lot about pee, anon. Maybe I don't write it in the correct terms, but this is what I remember from Discovery channel.
    I know, that it's been used a lot as a remedy. My parents were into it for a while. Reading books about it and, yes, drinking it. -So far I couldn't get myself to do it. But if I had to, I think I could do it.
    One thing I did though was use it for a wrat I had on my foot years ago. The book advised to put some pee on it in the evening, put on a cotton wool sock and leave it until the next morning. Maybe it was just me thinking it would work, BUT after lying down, the sport got really hot. I did so every evening until that nasty thing just fell off and never came back again. Nothing alse had helped until then.
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• unless my life depended on it I couldn't drink it but to answer your question yes if I had to I would.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:50 AM on Jan. 19, 2011